2018 Waters® Wilmslow Half Marathon
Terms and Conditions
Event Rules & Guidelines
The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits and to be compliant with applicable England Athletics and International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) regulations for participant performance records and event liability.
All entry fees are non-refundable and Wilmslow Half Marathon retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
1. Each entrant must register with TDL.
2. An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email. A separate email
address for each participant is required.
3. Your email address will be passed to our official marathon photographers for the purpose of posting a
link to your official race photos, timings and any other relevant information.
4. Each entrant is automatically signed up to receive an invitation from the Official Race Charity.
5. To register for the half marathon you must be 17 years of age or older on event day.
6. Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
7. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against Wilmslow Half Marathon.
8. Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within the event
time requirement of 2 hours 40 minutes.
9. The event time requirement and age minimum apply to all forms of entry and event participation.
10. All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of their race number.
10A., By taking part, all participants confirm that race numbers and the information contained on the reverse,
may be used by marshals, race officials and medical services in communications with each other to identify casualties and their location..
11. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or
photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise the Wilmslow Half Marathon.
12. Participant race numbers are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. Transfers between runners can only be done through the race secretary. Sale and/or transfer of race entries are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
12A Race numbers remain the property of the Race organisers
13. All entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred toward a future event.
14. Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity.
15. Customers have the right to cancel any entry made over the internet as long as it is done within 7 days of the original entry date. Distance Selling Act 2000.
1. Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
2. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event. This means, for example, that urinating or defecating anywhere on or near
the course shall be strictly prohibited except in toilet facilities. Anyone violating this rule of conduct shall be disqualified from the event and will be asked to leave the course.
3. Every participant shall be provided with an event bib number, which shall be conspicuously worn on the front during the event. The event bib number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate bib number.
4. Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, Nordic sticks, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted on the course.
5. The Sweep Bus will follow the race so as to arrive at the course closure time. If you are passed by the sweep vehicle your status reverts back to that of a pedestrian and you are expected to use the pavement if you decide to continue. We strongly advise you against continuing and we will ask you to join the
sweep bus. If you do continue we will be unable to guarantee that road closures, marshals and drinks stations will be in place. Before starting the race please give careful consideration to your ability to complete the course in the allotted time.
1. Participants must begin the event during the official recognized starting times. 2. All participants must be positioned behind the starting line when starting.
1. Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official, city official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in the Wilmslow Half Marathon at the discretion of race officials.
2. Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race (“cutting the course”) shall be immediately disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any Wilmslow Half Marathon at the discretion of race officials.
3. Any person who participates in the event without a current official event bib number or timing device or a bib or chip not officially assigned to him/her is subject to removal and disqualification from future events.
4. No persons are authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. Therefore, no person shall be allowed to accompany a participant if he/she is not registered in the event, nor shall any participant be allowed, without the permission of the event management, to receive assistance or refreshment from anyone during the progress of the event. Any person not properly displaying an authorized and issued race number shall be directed to leave the course.
5. A hands-on medical examination during the progress of an event by officially designated medical personnel shall not be considered assistance and will not result in disqualification if participant is deemed medically fit. If a participant becomes ill during or after the Event and/or receive medical attention or treatment either from event medical staff or any doctor or hospital, they must authorise such persons to provide details (including details of medical treatment) to the Medical Director of the Wilmslow Half Marathon or others authorised by him.
1. The use of wheeled devices by participants or any other person authorized to be on the course shall be strictly limited to (a) authorized and registered competitive wheelchair participants and (b) authorized course marshals on bicycles. Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted.
2. This event is run under England Athletics rules and therefore MP3 players or other devices plugged into the ear are banned whilst running for reasons of health & safety, both yours and other competitors. When you wear such a device you are unable to hear other competitors, cars, bicycles or marshals instructions.
3. Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
4. Medical personnel authorized by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorized medical personnel it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel may remove the participant from the event.
5. Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
6. Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
7. Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
1. All participants are assigned a chip timing device.
2. Clock time (gun time) is the official time for all prizes. The official times shall be recorded from the start of the race by the starting gun to the point where the participant crosses the finish line. Times shall be rounded to the next highest second. Net times shall not be used for any purpose regarding
professional athletes or Top 100 participants.
3. Course Record (CR) or World Record (WR) time if broken by more than one individual is awarded solely to the overall male/female winner.
4. Official times for mass participants in will be the electronic timing device time (chip or net time) from when the participant crosses the start line to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
5. Participants must wear their assigned timing device continuously from start line to finish line, to receive an accurate finish time..
6. Participants found to be wearing two or more timing devices during the race will be disqualified and their results will not be recorded.
7. Participants with missing timing device times at official checkpoints will be reviewed and may be disqualified.
8. Participants must begin the event during the official recognized starting time in order to register an official course completion time.
9. All results will be fully available on the event website after the race. Full and final results will continue to be submitted to relevant parties for the purposes of verification of entries to other races and for ranking systems.
1. Any individual requesting a waiver of any of these rules from the event shall submit a written request no less than 30 days prior to the event date specifying the nature of and reasons for the request.
AMENDMENTS / RESERVATIONS / ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
1. Event officials reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
2. Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
3. Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize money and removal from official results.
4. The Wilmslow Half Marathon follows, and participants are subject to, the rules specified by England Athletics and IAAF. Please visit englandathletics.org and iaaf.org for additional information
concerning the rules mandated by the governing bodies for the sport.
WILMSLOW HALF MARATHON CIO
1. Wilmslow Half Marathon is organised by the Wilmslow Half Marathon Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO).
2. The objects of the CIO are the promotion of community participation in healthy recreation for the benefit of the inhabitants of Wilmslow by the provision of funds and facilities for running and playing rugby, hockey, lacrosse and cricket and other charitable causes as the trustees may decide.
3. Your payment to the Wilmslow Half Marathon includes a charitable donation to the Wilmslow Half Marathon CIO. For further information contact email@example.com.
In order to run in the Wilmslow Half Marathon runners agree the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions:
I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the laws and rules of England Athletics. I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to Wilmslow Half Marathon to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. I also understand that entry fees are non refundable.